Consult with executives on strategic planning for every aspect of your business handling recruitment, employee relations, payroll, benefits and training.
Members click here to ask your question and be signposted.
Health & Safety Guidance & Compliance
Being safe at work is a shared responsibility of the employer and the employee, regulations and enforcement for health, safety and welfare should be followed. Risk assessments can identify potential hazards and keep staff from harm in the work place
Members click here to be directed to the H&S in Care Homes Guidance
Industry Updates & Information
We are committed to posting all industry updates and information we receive.
Members Buying Consortium
The association has negotiated with theses suppliers for you as an organisation to receive a discount when purchasing their products.
Staff Recruitment & Training
Enables employers to develop the knowledge, efficiency and skill sets your organisation needs. Also help attracting, selecting and employing suitable candidate.
Contact MC Member
The MC member are always willing to help, they will support any member in any aspect of their business to enable them to run a successful efficient business.
The Care Association is a long standing group which has historically covered Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. Formulated informally some 20 years ago, the association’s main function was to be ‘one voice’ to tackle the ever present ‘us and them’ relationship between private care providers and the local authorities of both Hull City Council and the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
In December 2012 the stalwart of the Care Association; John Colebrook passed away. The Chair – Steve Hall also stood down. This presented the association with the opportunity for change. John had been a strong, verbal and supportive advocate for private providers. However, times were changing fast and the relationship with the councils was becoming more strained.
At a members meeting in February 2013 a motion was put forward to elect a new Management Committee, to include a new Chair and 5 new management members. A fully constituted Association Committee was elected and agreed and you can find details of the Management Committee on the ‘Contact MC member’ page.
Since 2013 the management committee have worked extremely hard to forge a mutually respectful and collaborative working relationship between providers and the councils and this has proved particularly positive in fee negotiations with East Riding and provided monthly Provider meetings with Hull. We recognise however, that there is a long way to go and we continue to represent local providers at many local, regional and national sector groups, working partnerships and events.
- To provide representation for members directly concerned with the day to day provision of care, be it day care, domiciliary care, nursing or residential care, and to put forward the views and interests of its members to central, local government and public, private, voluntary and charitable bodies and to the media and general public.
- In representing members to negotiate with local government, NHS bodies with regard to service standards and fee payments;
- To identify and promote the highest standards of service in the provision of care and the best value service standards in improving the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire care services for the benefit of the inhabitants of the area/region.
- To encourage the exchange of ideas between its members and to co-operate with other persons or bodies having similar or sympathetic objectives where such co-operation will be for the benefit of its members
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- The National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Hull Clinical Commissioning Group
- East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Safeguarding Adults Hull
- East Riding Safeguarding Adults Board
- Hull City Council
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council